Name:
Location: Crystal Palace, London, United Kingdom

I want to make my living as a writer and I want to write about things that have some bearing on my day-to-day living experience, like food, travel, funny observations or perhaps any observations. If you have happened upon my blog, like it, and are in a position to give me a job as a writer, please, please do at least give it some consideration.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

And then came my goodbye for now trip to Italy

Just look at the feet on this very regular (for Italy) street lamp in this very regular park just down the street from my Hostel in Florence.


A bridge built for kings and the most fashionable police in the world. They have got to be. And the walk! You should have seen these two glide down the street.









While I have no Italian heritage that I am aware of, the country is a place that feels like somewhere I could live someday if time and circumstances were right. I love the look of the place, the culture, the incredible incorporation of art in life and art in cities and just art everywhere, the people and heaven help me, the food. During my life in London, I weekended in Italy on 3 different occasions. On my 4th visit, pointedly to say goodbye for now, I started in Florence and then trained down to Rome. Rome. Rome. A city like no other. A mind blowing, sensory overload, food indulgent, cat populated city with so much history it hardly feels historic at all. Rome. Dang. What is America's equivalent to Rome? We need one. I need one. What is it?


It was pouring down rain, freezing cold, and I had a cold but did that stop me from making my way to the Trevi Fountain to ensure my return to Rome? No! I will go back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home